CHAIR JOB DESCRIPTION
- Leading the board and the organization to enable it to fulfil its purpose.
- To ensure there is an effective relationship between:
- The Board and the CEO, staff and volunteers
- The Board and the local community and external agencies
- Acting as a spokesperson and figurehead for Mums In Need as required.
- To support the CEO.
- Chair Board meetings ensuring:
- There is adequate time for discussions and time keeping is adhered to
- Business is dealt with and decisions made
- Decisions, actions and deliberations are adequately minuted
- The implementation of decisions is clearly assigned and monitored
- Plan and prepare the Board meetings and AGM with other board members.
- Ensure adequate support and supervision arrangements are made for the CEO.
- Ensure that a successor is found before the term of office finishes.
- Ensure that the agenda is drawn up with the secretary ahead of the meeting.
- Adhere to Board standards
- A willingness to lead the organization.
- Possess tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion.
- Possess knowledge of Mums In Need and domestic abuse issues.
- Possess effective communication skills.